ELGIN CITY COUNCIL
November 4, 2019
A complete and accurate copy of the minutes is available for public inspection during normal business hours at the City Clerk’s office.
The Elgin City Council met in regular session on Monday, November 4, 2019, at 7:30 p.m., pursuant to posted notice. Mayor Schmitt called the meeting to order, and announced the location of the Open Meeting Act. .
Councilmen present were Duane Miller, Don Mackel, Mike Dvorak and Jim Kittelson.
The following agenda items were approved:
• October regular meeting minutes, treasurer’s report, transaction report, and paying the claims.
GENERAL: ERPPD, se, 152.26; Great Plains Communications, se, 54.27; Prudential, retirement, 680.71; US Treasury, tax, ; 2503.86; APEARA, su, 44.42; The Elgin Review, print, 201.03; Dean’s Market, su, 22.03; Brenda Reikofski, se, 65.00; Fitzgerald, Vetter, Temple, Bartell and Henderson, se, 799.76; Bank of Elgin, ins, 2250.00; NE Clerk’s Institute, fees, 393.00; Elgin One Stop, su, 13.96; Timeless Floral, su, 37.00; Black Hills Energy, se, 76.84; Payroll, 1906.26
SALES TAX: Pool Fund: 2852.35
STREET: ERPPD, se, 1155.05; Verizon Wireless, su, 42.12; Elgin One Stop, su, 104.13; HomeTown Station, su, 348.74; Bomgaars, su, 189.98; Corner Service, rprs, 25.50; Kayton, su, 164.90; Black Hills Energy, se, 33.74; Rutjens’ Construction, se, 56, 493.25; Payroll, 1238.20
WATER: ERPPD, se, 718.67; Verizon Wireless, su, 42.13; Great Plains Communications, se, 46.45; One Call Concepts, se, 9.36; US Post Office, Postage, 51.40; NE Dept of Revenue, tax, 29.54; Trevor McKowen Account, return, 100.00; Breanna Couch Account, return, 100.00; Sargent Drilling, su, 350.00; DHHS, recertification, 345.00; Payroll, 2476.41
SEWER: ERPPD, se, 897.12; Great Plains Communications, se, 50.97; NE Dept of Revenue, tax, 14.12; One Call Concepts, se, 9.36; MARC, su, 2185.40; Payroll, 951.56
FIRE: ERPPD, se, 162.63; Great Plains Communications, se, 58.37; APPEARA, su, 44.41; Black Hills Energy, se, 67.80
POLICE: Antelope Co Sheriff, se, 2,700.00
TRASH PICKUP/RECYCLING: Bud’s Sanitary Service, se, 4752.00; Betty Moser, rent, 100.00
POOL: ERPPD, se, 94.33; NE Dept of Revenue, tax, 5.95; Bank of Elgin, loan, 2227.79; Black Hills Energy, se, 31.91
PARK: ERPPD, se, 197.42; NE Dept of Revenue, tax, 10.72; Elgin One Stop, su, 29.98; Payroll, 286.64
LIBRARY: ERPPD, se, 76.44; Amazon, bks, 627.13; Great Plains Communications, se, 128.11; Center Point Large Print, bk, 110.00; NE Library Commission, su, 500.00; Three Rivers Library System, class, 50.00; Black Hills Energy, se, 35.56; Payroll, 1134.86
YOUTH: ERPPD, se, 34.57
• Resolution 2019-3-Stating that the Street Improvement Bond Notes be called for redemption
• Suspend the reading of Ordinance 656 on three different days
• Ordinance 656-Authorizing the issuance of General Obligation Bonds for paving
• Joe Funk installing a sign at 518 South 2nd provided all State regulations are followed
• Repairs in the amount of $18,000.00 for storm sewer drainage at Pine and Myrtle Street
• Enter into Close Session at 8:10 p.m.
• Reconvened in Open Session at 8:22 p.m.
• Directing City Attorney to offer Jeannette Meis $10,000.00 for her property with the closing date of December 1, 2019 or further negotiations will be terminated
The following agenda items were discussed:
• Tabled Sewer Plant repairs
• Tabled Library Addition
• The new pavement on Beech Street and 1st Street will not be salted this winter
• Pool is full and the painter will be out in the spring to repaint damaged areas
• Campground water hydrants
• Light for flag pole at pool
• Auditors will be here on Wednesday, November 6, 2019
• List of non-licensed dogs and possible prohibited dogs was given to Sheriff for action
• August Sheriff’s report-104 hours and 14 minutes and 7-911 calls
• September Sheriff’s report-92 hours and 35 minutes and 3-911 calls
• Next regular meeting will be held on Monday, December 2, 2019
• Regular Meeting adjourned at 8:35p.m.
PUBLISH: November 13, 2019
ELGIN CITY COUNCIL